H&M Distribution Limited are offering an exciting opportunity for an experienced HGV Class 2 (C) Driver to join their team. As one of the leading suppliers of distribution services within the UK we are currently expanding our team within our Newton-le-Willows depot, offering full time permanent positions, as well as a competitive pay rate, additional bonuses, incentives, and the opportunity to earn overtime.
You will perform daily multi-drop deliveries in the WN and WA postcode areas, covering the pallet network delivery areas, and you will communicate with the Transport Manager and Transport Team on a daily basis to ensure deliveries and collections run smoothly. We believe the value of work-life balance; therefore, you will be required to work Monday to Friday, start and finish times, working hours, and shift patterns are staggered.
You must have a valid, current HGV licence, a drivers CPC, and a solid awareness of the law relating to driver’s hours regulations and tachographs in order to be considered for this position.
Benefits & Incentives
- Competitive Pay Rate and Overtime paid over 45 hours
- 28 Days Annual Leave, 1 Additional Day off for your Birthday and Additional Holidays for Length of Service.
- The ability to purchase additional holidays through our Holiday Purchase Scheme.
- Refer a Friend Bonus for Class 1 & 2 Drivers – £5000 per referral!!
- Length of Service Bonus
- Death in Service
- Free Company Uniform
- Training and Development Programmes
- Company Pension Scheme
- Wellbeing & Counselling Programme
- Free Onsite Parking
- Ensure all aspects safety and customer site rules are adhered to..
- To drive defensively and fuel efficiently at all times.
- Ensuring all delivery and collection notes and paperwork are correct.
- Provide accurate paperwork relevant to debriefing of allocated jobs.
- Ensuring all transport legislation including driver’s hours and vehicle defect reporting is adhered to.
- Provide an exceptional standard of service to our customers.
- To carry out any other reasonable request as detailed by the Transport Management Team.
- Maintain cleanliness of company vehicles and wear uniform and any PPE provided
- A current and valid HGV Licence
- At least 6 months of experience driving on UK roads
- Drivers CPC card essential
- An understanding of the law relating to drivers’ hours regulations and tachograph
- The ability to work with minimum supervision
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Excellent customer service skills
Salary Range: Starting from £28,746 up to £36,959
|Job Category||Full time|