H&M Distribution Limited are offering an exciting opportunity for an experienced HGV Class 2 Driver (Cat C) to join their team. As one of the leading suppliers of distribution services within the UK we are currently expanding our team within our Gloucester depot, offering full time permanent positions, as well as a competitive pay rate, additional bonuses, incentives, and the opportunity to earn overtime.
You will perform daily multi-drop deliveries in the GL postcode area, covering the pallet network delivery areas, and you will communicate with the Transport Manager and Transport Team on a daily basis to ensure deliveries and collections run smoothly. We believe the value of work-life balance; therefore, you will be required to work Monday to Friday, start and finish times, working hours, and shift patterns are staggered.
You must have a valid, current HGV licence, a drivers CPC, and a solid awareness of the law relating to driver’s hours regulations and tachographs in order to be considered for this position.
Benefits & Incentives
- Competitive Pay Rate and Overtime paid over 45 hours
- 28 Days Annual Leave, 1 Additional Day off for your Birthday and Additional Holidays for Length of Service.
- The ability to purchase additional holidays through our Holiday Purchase Scheme.
- Refer a Friend Bonus for Class 1 & 2 Drivers – £5000 per referral!!
- Length of Service Bonus
- Death in Service
- Free Company Uniform
- Training and Development Programmes
- Company Pension Scheme
- Wellbeing & Counselling Programme
- Free Onsite Parking
- Ensure all aspects safety and customer site rules are adhered to.
- To drive defensively and fuel efficiently at all times.
- Ensuring all delivery and collection notes and paperwork are correct.
- Provide accurate paperwork relevant to debriefing of allocated jobs.
- Ensuring all transport legislation including driver’s hours and vehicle defect reporting is adhered to.
- Provide an exceptional standard of service to our customers.
- To carry out any other reasonable request as detailed by the Transport Management Team.
- Maintain cleanliness of company vehicles and wear uniform and any PPE provided
- A current and valid HGV Licence
- At least 6 months of experience driving on UK roads
- Drivers CPC card essential
- An understanding of the law relating to drivers’ hours regulations and tachograph
- The ability to work with minimum supervision
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Excellent customer service skills
Salary Range: Starting from £29,346 up to £33,000 plus weekly bonus
Location: Gloucester, GL2 7NG
|Job Category||Full time|