Purpose of the role:
The Depot Manager is a key member of the management team, primarily responsible for leading the depot and ensuring the day to day operation is the most efficient, safe and legally compliant. The Depot Manager has overall responsibility for the continued commercial success through planning and depot development. Also ensuring the operational aspects of the depot are running as safe, efficient and cost-effective as possible.
The Depot Manager will have the ability to adapt between working in the detail and working at a high level with the Owners and Directors, ensuring there is a key focus on planning loads and routes that are the most commercially beneficial to H&M.
Key Competencies and Role Requirements:
- Take full ownership and responsibility for the St Neots depots planning KPI performance and P&L. Proactively assessing and reporting on trends and variances to daily planning targets and budget.
- Specifically providing a weekly narrative on variances to budgeted labour, vehicles costs, general haulage revenue and sub-contractor revenue, suggesting resolutions and corrective actions where required.
- Work collaboratively with the other deports and be prepared to continuously review and change schedules to accommodate cross depot planning, assessing and implementing the most commercially beneficial options for the business.
- Where it is commercially beneficial to do so, manage the end to end process for subcontracting work to a third party.
- Proactive weekly report on optimum driver numbers to meet the demands of the depot and to keep labour costs within budget through proactive and thorough approach to recruitment. Providing monthly recruitment statistics to HR.
- Ensure compliance with the Company recruitment and induction procedures designed to ensure there is a consistent, professional and safety focused approach to the induction of all new employees
- Develop and implement effective warehouse layout and operations that accounts for efficient and safe loading and unloading flow, equipment and pallet handling with a focus on continual improvements. Ensure yard and warehouse employees are aware of and comply with best practice.
- Ensure the transit shed and yard is kept safe, secure and consistently maintained to a high standard, ensuring all repairs are completed in a timely manner and that all Warehouse employees are responsible and held accountable for maintaining a clean and tidy operation.
- Lead by example by maintaining knowledge of the management systems and ensuring compliance with the applicable standards, ensuring operational knowledge of and compliance of the management systems is a key objective of depot office employees.
|Personality / Motivation||
|Job Category||Full time|