“Developing to meet the needs of present generations, without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their needs”
Our Environmental Mission Statement above is an action-based statement, it is our voice declaring the purpose of H&M, and how we will serve our customers and the wider community.
Our aim is to continue to integrate green practices into our everyday operations to:
- Reduce our own environmental footprint, thus assisting our clients in minimising their own.
- Contribute to the United Nations' 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Ultimately, our journey will take us into a fully-fledged ISO 14001 Environmental Management System (EMS), and assist us in driving significant projects such as EV trucks. This will enable us to reduce further energy consumption and Green House Gases (GHGs). Such future projects will also give additional benefits such as reducing noise disturbance.
We understand that having an effective EMS in place allows us to further embark on the much-needed shift in how businesses operate regarding global environmental impact. In particular;
- To ensure compliance with relevant statutory requirements.
- To improve our efficiencies, reduce our costs, use our resources considerately, and reduce our waste.
- To enhance the reputation of the H&M brand.